To learn more about the Florida Electrolysis Council’s approved pre-licensure electrolysis training programs, new compliance requirements for training programs effective February 15, 2017, or how to apply to become a new approved training program, please click on the appropriate button below, which will display additional details and instructions.
- APPROVED PRE-LICENSURE ELECTROLYSIS TRAINING PROGRAMS
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-LICENSURE TRAINING SCHOOLS
- 30-HOUR LASER/LIGHT-BASED HAIR REMOVAL CE COURSE
Below is the Florida Electrolysis Council's listing of "Pre-Licensure Electrolysis Training Programs" which have applied and been formally approved by the Council and licensed by the Florida Department of Education's Commission on Independent Education to offer the training required for licensure as an Electrologist in this state.
For your convenience, this list is arranged by the regions in which the schools are located. To learn more about the admissions process and cost of any program in which you are interested, please contact the program directly.
Interested in becoming an approved program?
Please see the "New School Checklist" under the next menu tab titled "REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-LICENSURE TRAINING SCHOOLS".
ATTENTION EXISTING TRAINING PROGRAMS:
Please review the "Existing Training Schools" section under the Requirements tab in this section for critically important information on complying with new curriculum requirements prior to March 1, 2018.
- Existing Training Schools
All current 320-Hour Electrolysis Training Schools are required to comply with changes to Rule Chapter 64B8-53, F.A.C., Electrolysis Training Programs, amended February 15, 2017.
Effective March 1, 2018, your curriculum must include combined training in epilator as well as laser and light-based hair removal as outlined in Rule 64B8-53.002, F.A.C., Curriculum Standards for Electrolysis Training Programs. Additionally, all equipment required in Rule 64B8-53.003, F.A.C., Required Equipment for Electrolysis Training Programs must be in place in your facility.
To assist you with gathering documentation for submission to the Florida Electrolysis Council to obtain approval for your combined training program, use this checklist which includes a copy of the new training school rules. Please note that you must obtain Council approval BEFORE admitting students to the new combined program.
To have your program timely reviewed, please submit your compliance packet at least 45 days prior to the Electrolysis Council Meeting at which you would like to have your program considered. Please indicate the meeting at which you would like to have your material reviewed in the "Electrolysis Training School Information" of the checklist.
Please send your compliance packet to the following address:
Florida Electrolysis Council
4052 Bald Cypress Way, BIN C05
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3255
- New Training Program Checklist
If you are interested in becoming an Electrolysis Pre-Licensure Training Program as outlined in Rule Chapter 64B8-53, Florida Administrative Code, you will need to first contact the Florida Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education (CIE) at 1-888-224-6684 (Toll Free) or 850-245-3200 to obtain information on applying to become a licensed school through that agency. Part of the CIE's licensure process includes obtaining the Florida Electrolysis Council's approval of your program.
When the CIE indicates you are ready to move forward with seeking the Council's approval, please use this checklist to compile the documents you will need to submit to the Council. To have your program timely reviewed at one of the Council’s scheduled public meetings, please submit your compliance packet at least 45 days prior to the meeting at which you would like to have your program considered. A listing of upcoming meetings is available on this website at http://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/electrolysis/meetings/index.html for a listing of upcoming meetings. Please send your packet to the following address:
Florida Electrolysis Council
4052 Bald Cypress Way, BIN C05
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3255.
To find a listing of currently approved 30-hour course providers, please use the "Course Search" function for Florida Electrologists at www.cebroker.com.
BECOMING A 30-HOUR COURSE PROVIDER
If you are interested in becoming a provider for the 30 hour laser continuing education class, as outlined in Rule 64B8-52.004, F.A.C., you will need to submit an application through www.cebroker.com along with the required fee and documents listed below.
- $250 Fee
- Statement of Goals and Objectives
- Course Outline or Syllabus - The list of specific subjects required to be included in your course outline is found in Council Rule 64B8-52.004(2), F.A.C.
- Curriculum Vitae of Instructor - The instructors of each laser and light-based hair removal course must have one year of experience using laser or light-based devices for hair removal after having passed the Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal (Society) test for certification as a Certified Medical Electrologist (CME). Verifiable documentation of this experience must be submitted to the Council with the application. Visit the Society’s website at www.schmhr.org for more information regarding CME certification.
- Sample Attendance Record - Sign-In/Out form for course participants.
- Sample Certificate of Completion
- Copy of your current electrology facility license demonstrating compliance with paragraph 64B8-51.006(3)(c), F.A.C. If you do not currently hold an electrolysis facility license, please download the application and instructions to apply for a new facility license at new-facility-or-new-ownership-application.pdf. A facility license will be issued after your application has been approved and your facility has passed the required inspection.
- Copy of the most recent electrology facility inspection from the location where the continuing education training course is offered demonstrating compliance with paragraph 64B8-51.006(3)(c), F.A.C.
Once all of the needed items are submitted, your file will be placed on the next available council meeting agenda for review. If your file is deemed approved by the council, you will then be able to teach the 30 hour laser training continuing education program.
PROVIDERSHIP RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
Once approved by the Council, you must renew your 30 hour laser program providership by May 31st of every even-numbered year through the CE Broker system. The renewal fee of $250 paid through CE Broker.