- Florida’s System for Cancer Research and Collaboration
- Research on Cancer and Tobacco-related Diseases
- Research on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Funding Opportunity Announcements
- List of Active Research Projects
- Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
- Human Research Protection Program and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Submit IRB Applications
- Information for Research Participants
- Research Excellence Initiative
Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
The goals are to encourage excellence in cancer care, attract and retain the best cancer care providers to the state, and help Florida providers be recognized nationally as a preferred destination for quality cancer care.
The Cancer Center of Excellence Designation will recognize providers that exceed service standards and excel in providing quality, comprehensive and patient-coordinated care.
A Joint Committee comprised of members from the Cancer Control and Research Advisory Council, and members from the Biomedical Research Advisory Council will develop rigorous standards, a rating system and a rating standard by January 1, 2014 and report to the Legislature.Organizations that have received the designation as a
Cancer Center of Excellence:
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Mayo Clinic Florida
- University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Florida Health Cancer Center, which includes University of Florida Health Shands Hospital, University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute and Orlando Health's Orlando Regional Medical Center
Annually, the Department conducts two application cycles.
First Cycle: Opens February 9, 2015 and closes on March 27, 2015
Second Cycle: Opens July 1, 2015 and closes on August 21, 2015
First Cycle: Opens February 1, 2016 and closes on March 25, 2016
Second Cycle: Opens July 1, 2016 and closes on August 26, 2016