Florida Health Grand Rounds
Florida Health Grand Rounds
The Florida Health Grand Rounds is a monthly webinar presentation given by a researcher from one of Florida’s colleges or universities and hosted by the Florida Department of Health. The topics have a broad focus, touching on emerging, innovative, and cross-cutting areas of public health. Florida Health Grand Rounds provides an opportunity for Florida researchers to highlight and share their work with department staff, leading to a more efficient transition into public health practice. Department staff as well as researchers and staff from Florida’s colleges and universities are invited to attend.
Next Presentation - September 10, 2019
Presentation by Troy Quast, PhD
The Health Effects of Disasters on Children and Seniors: Evidence from Hurricane Katrina
Dr. Quast is an economist who received his doctorate from the University of Florida and master's degree from The University of Texas. His webinar will cover topics on how administrative data can be used to investigate the potential health effects of natural disasters and how these disasters can disrupt healthcare utilization by the youth and seniors.
- Upcoming Presentation Schedule
- Past Presentations
Florida Health Grand Rounds is breaking for summer and will resume presentations in the Fall. If you have any topic or speaker suggestions, please email FLHealthGrandRounds@flhealth.gov
Upcoming presentations will take place on the second Tuesday of each month beginning at 10:00 AM EST.
- Sep 10, 2019 | Troy Quast, PhD : The Health Effects of Disasters on Children and Seniors: Evidence from Hurricane Katrina
Presentation slidesets are available for download by clicking on the titles listed below. Presenter bios are available for download by clicking on the names below.
- May 14, 2019 | Differences in Clinical Outcomes & Quality of Life of Women Diagnosed with Cancer | Mary Ann Burg, PhD, LCSW
- Apr. 9, 2019 | Injuries and Injury Prevention for Children and Adolescents: Examples From Our Sports Injury Research Study (additional resources) | Karen Liller, PhD, CPH, FAAAS
- Mar. 12, 2019 | Environmental Toxicology Training for African American Residents and Community Leaders Using Participatory-Based Methods (paper)| Alan Becker, PhD, MPH
- Feb. 12, 2019 | Assessing the Oral Health Status of Three Indigenous Communities in Ecuador | Denice Curtis, DDS, DHSc, MPH
- Dec. 11, 2018 | Research Excellence Initiative (REI) | Emma Spencer, PhD, MPH and Mwedusasa Mtenga, MPH
- Nov. 13, 2018 | The Ecology of Health | Christopher Coutts, PhD, MPH
- Oct. 9, 2018 | Biobehavioral Interventions for Smokers Living with HIV | Maria Jose Miguez, MD, PhD
- Sep. 11, 2018 | PEACEOFMND | Glenn Smith, PhD, ABPP-cn
- Aug. 14, 2018 | Guns, Schools, and Mental Health | Ryan Hall, MD, DFAPA
- Apr. 10, 2018 | Cancer Control and Prevention in Florida Firefighters | Alberto Caban-Martinez, DO, MPH and Natasha Schaefer Solle, PhD, RN
- Mar. 13, 2018 | Money, Medicine, Metrics in Population Health for Kids | Kelly Kelleher, MD, MPH
- Dec. 4, 2017 | Paths to Health Equity: Overcoming Health Disparities in Florida | George Rust, MD, MPH, FAAFP, FACPM
- Nov. 14, 2017 | Childhood Obesity: The Causes and What We Can Do to Fight It | Michelle Cardel, PhD, RD
- Oct. 10, 2017 | Firing on All Ps: Adding the Power of Social Marketing to Health Promotion | Claudia Parvanta, PhD (no recording available)
- Apr. 11, 2017 | Florida and the Cancer Moonshot | Christopher R. Cogle, MD
- Mar. 14, 2017 | Is Trust-Commitment the Same as Trust-Adherence? Extending Relationship Marketing Theory into Public Health | John Riggs, DBA
- Feb. 14, 2017 | The New (Old) Public Health: How Neuroscience is Changing Child and Maternal Health | Jeffrey P. Brosco MD, PhD
Disclaimer: The opinions and content expressed in the presentations are those of the presenter for educational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Florida Department of Health.
If you have any questions or would like to sign-up to receive Florida Health Grand Rounds announcements, please email FLHealthGrandRounds@FLHealth.gov.