It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- Cancer Center of Excellence Designation
- Research Excellence Initiative
- Florida Health Grand Rounds
- Zika Research Symposium
- National Cancer Institute
- Alzheimer's Symposium
- Advisory Boards and Councils
- Live Like Bella Symposium
- Academy of Research Excellence Class 4
- Research Excellence Initiative Class 5
National Cancer Institute
Florida Consortium of National Cancer Institute Centers Program
The Florida Consortium of National Cancer Institute Centers Program is established to enhance the quality and competitiveness of cancer care in this state, further a statewide biomedical research strategy directly responsive to the health needs of Florida’s citizens, and capitalize on the potential educational opportunities available to its students.
Beginning July 1, 2017, and every 3 years thereafter, the department, in conjunction with participating cancer centers, shall submit a report to the Cancer Control and Research Advisory Council on specific metrics relating to cancer mortality and external funding for cancer-related research in the state. The following is the report: