It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council
Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.
Bills Impacting Dietetics Nutrition:
HB 1193: Deregulation of Professions and Occupations
Effective Date 7/1/20
The bill amends section 468.505, Florida Statutes, providing that certain unlicensed persons are not prohibited or restricted from his or her practice, services, or activities in dietetics and nutrition under certain circumstances.
HB 713: Department of Health
The bill amends numerous practice acts to streamline regulation and increase efficiency. The bill makes numerous updates and changes to programs and health care professions regulated under the boards and Department of Health (DOH).
Repeals a health care practitioner’s failure to repay student loans as grounds for discipline by the DOH.
HB 115: Keep Our Graduates Working Act
The bill prohibits the Department of Health (DOH) from denying the issuance of, refusing to renew, suspending, or revoking a professional license based solely on the licensee being delinquent on a payment of or defaulting on his or her student loans. The bill removes the specific provision allowing DOH to discipline a health care practitioner for failing to repay a student loan and the associated mandatory discipline. The bill repeals the requirement that DOH must issue an emergency order suspending a health care practitioner’s license for a student loan default, absent timely proof of a new repayment plan. Additionally, the bill repeals the requirement that DOH must obtain a monthly list from the United States Health and Human Services (USHHS) of the health care practitioners who have defaulted on their student loans.
Florida StatutesYou will be connected to the Florida Legislature website, which is the official custodian of the statutes.
- Chapter 468, Part X, Florida Statutes: Dietetic & Nutrition Practice
- Chapter 456, Florida Statutes: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
- Chapter 120, Florida Statutes: Administrative Procedure Act
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)You will be connected to the Florida Department of State: State Library and Archives of Florida website, which is the official custodian of the administrative codes.
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-40, Florida Administrative Code - Organization, Procedures and General Provisions
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-41, Florida Administrative Code - Fees
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-42, Florida Administrative Code - Licensure of
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-43, Florida Administrative Code - Nutrition Counselors
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-44, Florida Administrative Code - Standards of Practice
- Rules: Chapter 64B8-45, Florida Administrative Code - Continuing Education
- Associations and Organizations
- Other Helpful Links
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (National Association)
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000 | Chicago, IL 60606-6995
(800) 877-1600 or (312) 899-0040
Florida Dietetics Association (State Association)
PO Box 12608 | Tallahassee, Fl. 32317-2608
Commission on Dietetic Registration (Testing Organization)
216 West Jackson Blvd. | Chicago, IL 60606-6995
Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists
211 W. Chicago Ave., Suite #218 | Hinsdale, IL 60521
- Consumers: Verify A License, Search Discipline Records, Search Practitioners Profile, File A Complaint, Request Public Records, Report Unlicensed Activity, Data Download, Request License Certification, View Annual Reports
- Providers: Renew Your License, New License FAQs, Apply for a License, Manage Your License, Update Your Profile, Counterfeit-Proof Rx Vendors, Request License Certification, Check Application Status, Check Exam Results