Emergency Response System
Florida's public health and healthcare response system integrates with local, state and federal emergency management efforts to assure coordinated response actions. Emergency Response actions are documented in plans and procedures.
The resources on this page will assist planners and responders in preparing for and responding to incidents and events that may impact Florida.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management - The designated lead organization for coordination of Florida's emergency management activities.
- Regional Domestic Security Task Force- Florida's RDSTF members include first responders from the disciplines of fire/rescue, emergency management, (link to map)public health and hospitals, as well as law enforcement. By utilizing a multi-discipline approach, the RDSTFs provide support to the impacted community by serving as a force multiplier for local agencies, and working in conjunction with emergency management professionals.
- Logistical Systems and Deployable Resources
- Responder Safety and Health - A compendium of online resources and literature review of current federal responder safely and health programs is available to assist responders in assuring appropriate health and safety measures are being followed during response. The responder safety and health plan for public health responders is currently under development.
- Response Partners - The public health and medical response system relies on many state agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Interstate and Federal Response Systems - Information regarding interstate and federal response activities.