State Plan Goal Teams
The 2014–2018 Florida Injury Prevention State Plan consists of five goals, each implemented by a goal team. In addition, a Data Workgroup serves to develop, implement, and evaluate the injury data strategies under Goal 1. The five goals are:
- Goal 1: Establish a sustainable infrastructure that provides leadership, funding, data, communication, policy, and evaluation for injury prevention.
- Goal 2: Support data driven injury prevention, collaboration and statewide educational and awareness opportunities.
- Goal 3: Establish a collaborative effort to provide statewide direction and focus for fall-related injury prevention for Florida’s older adults.
- Goal 4: Establish a collaborative effort to provide statewide direction and focus for early childhood water safety and drowning prevention in Florida.
- Goal 5: Establish a collaborative effort to support statewide direction and focus to prevent motor vehicle crash-related injuries from distracted driving.
Action Plans and Annual Reports
The key to the implementation success of the 2015 Florida Injury Prevention state Plan is the development and use of annual action plans. These action plans, based on the state plan, are developed by the Injury Prevention Section and the Florida Injury Prevention Advisory Council (FIPAC), goal team leaders and teams. At each FIPAC meeting, the goal teams meet and collaborate on plan implementation. The action plans are reviewed and revised as necessary. The action plans allow accountability for implementation throughout the strategic plan process.
To view the annual action plans, please see the Reports and Publications page.
Goal Team Projects
Information and documentation for specific Goal Team Projects are available on the Goal Team Projects page.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this program by phone or in writing.
For additional information on injury prevention activities in Florida, or if you are interested in participating on a Goal Team, please contact the Injury Prevention Section.
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A22
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1722