Skip Global navigation and goto content

It's a New Day in Public Health.

The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.

Skip MegaMenu and goto content

Locating Vaccination Records

Contact the Immunization Section

Tips for Locating Vaccination Records for Adults 

Immunization records that exist for adults are usually records that were provided to their parents when they received vaccines as children and in the adult’s medical record of the physician or clinic where vaccines were given. There is no national database that maintains the immunization records for adults.

If official copies of immunization records are needed or if there is a desire to update personal records, the following places may provide some assistance to obtaining these records:

  • Request immunization records from parents or caregivers if they still have them.
  • Search baby books or other saved documents from childhood
  • Contact the high school and/or college health services attended for dates of any immunizations received. Please be advised that records are only maintained for a certain length of time.
  • Contact previous employers (including the military) that may have required immunizations for employment purposes.
  • Contact your health care provider or county health department. Please be advised that records are maintained by the health care provider’s office for a limited number of years.
  • Check with the county health department to determine if you have immunizations recorded in the Florida SHOTS™ system.

If Unable to Locate Immunization Records

After taking the actions above and you are still unsuccessful the location of the immunization records, your health care provider may be able to perform blood tests (titer testing) to determine if you have immunity to some vaccine-preventable diseases. You may need to receive some vaccines again, which is safe.