It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
- About the Immunization Section
- Locating Vaccination Records
- Florida Vaccines for Adults Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- iPhone Mobile Apps
- Contact Us
- Join the Mailing List—Immunization Section
- Flu Prevention
- Yellow Fever Vaccine Provider
- County Immunization Profiles
- Provider Information for COVID-19 Vaccine
Vaccines for Adults (VFA) Program
Adults are also at risk for contracting vaccine-preventable diseases. To protect vulnerable populations from becoming infected, the Vaccine for Adult Program (VFA) in Florida provides vaccines to our adult population to prevent infection with one of these potentially devastating diseases.
To be eligible to receive VFA vaccine, one must be an:
- Uninsured adult aged 19 years and older
- Underinsured adult aged 19 years and older (i.e., health insurance does not cover the cost of the vaccine to be administered)
These vaccines are distributed to health care facilities such as county health departments and Federally Qualified Health Centers.