Mosquito-Borne Disease Surveillance
Contact the Florida Department of Health
Reporting Data for Arbovirus Surveillance
The objectives of the national arbovirus surveillance system include:
- To monitor the geographic and arbovirus surveillance systems over the eastern and southern United States.
- To further develop national public health strategies for the distribution of arbovirus surveillance, prevention, and control.
- To provide national, regional and local information to public health officials, elected government officials, and the public.
- To evaluate the use of funds and the need for additional resources.
- 2016 Press Releases
- Annual Reports
- Reported Human Cases 2014-2015
July 21 - Possible Zika Non-Travel Related Case
July 19 - Possible Zika Non-Travel Related Case
July 6 - Jefferson County Health Department Issues Mosquito-borne Illness Advisory
July 5 - Bay County Health Department Issues Mosquito-borne Illness Advisory
July 2 - Polk County Health Department Issues Mosquito-borne Illness Advisory
June 28 - Zika-Related Microcephaly Case Confirmed In Florida
June 17 - St. Johns County Health Department Issues Mosquito-borne Illness Advisory
June 1 - Monroe County Health Department Issues Mosquito-borne Illness Advisory due to Confirmed Locally acquired Dengue
February 3 - Governor’s Executive Order 16-29 related to Zika Virus
February 2 - Department Reports Six New Travel-Associated Zika Cases to the CDC
January 22 - Department Provides Mosquito-Borne Illness Update on Zika Virus
|Human Arboviral Disease Cases Reported by Florida|
|West Nile virus illness
|West Nile virus illness (fever)||5||1|
|West Nile virus
(asymptomatic blood donor)
|St. Louis encephalitis (neuroinvasive)||2||0|
|Eastern equine encephalitis||0||0|
|LaCrosse encephalitis (imported)||1||1|
|Dengue fever (local)||7||1|
|Dengue fever (imported)||83
(7 non-FL residents)
(7 non-FL residents)
|Chikungunya fever (local)||12||0|
Chikungunya fever (imported)
(35 non-FL residents)
(1 non-FL resident)
* One WNV neuroinvasive case was imported from the Bahamas in 2014.
** One organ transplant associated WNV neuroinvasive case was reported in 2015.
Weekly Arbovirus Reports
Select a reporting year
2016 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2015 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2014 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2013 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2012 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2011 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
2010 Weekly Arbovirus Reports
To view more arbovirus reports for the selected year, use the "Next" or "View All" buttons below.