It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
WIC Eligibility Information
Contact the Florida WIC Program
Bureau of WIC Program Services
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A16
Tallahassee FL 32399
WIC is a nutrition program for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or who have recently been pregnant, infants & children under age 5.
WIC provides the following at no cost:
- healthy foods
- nutrition education and counseling
- breastfeeding support
- referrals to health care, immunizations, and community services
To be income-eligible for WIC:
You must have a total household income equal to or less than the amounts shown in the WIC Income Guidelines OR you are income-eligible if you are currently receiving Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or Food Assistance. However, you do not have to be on a public assistance program to qualify for WIC.
WIC Income Guidelines
For a pregnant woman, each unborn baby counts as 1 extra person in the household size.
|Household Size||*WIC Income Eligibility Based on Income Intervals|
|If you have more than 8 people in your household, please call your local WIC office for details.|
*Note: The gross (before taxes) wages on your check stubs based on how often you are paid (income interval) and household size will need to be less than or equal to the amounts in the chart to be income eligible for WIC.
Each year, these dollar amounts may increase.
To apply for WIC:
- Obtain your local WIC office telephone number or call toll free 1-800-342-3556 and say you want to apply for WIC.
- The local WIC office will give you a date and time for a WIC certification visit. At this visit, the household income and the medical/nutrition status of each applicant will be reviewed. On that day, you will find out if you and your children are eligible for WIC.
- Bring EACH family member who is applying to receive WIC services.
- Bring proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions are taken out). Income includes such things as: salaries, child support and alimony, foster care payments, interest withdrawn, unemployment compensation, and military earnings; proof of income must be all income for the last 30 days. Electronic versions are acceptable for bank statement, paycheck/stub, and unemployment benefits. Note: photos of documents are not acceptable electronic documentation. If paid weekly, bring 4 pay stubs; if paid monthly, bring one pay stub; if paid every two weeks or biweekly, bring 2 pay stubs; OR, if you receive Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or Food Assistance, you are income eligible for WIC. (If you do not receive Medicaid or TCA, but other members of your household receive these benefits, you may be income-eligible for WIC.) WIC staff can verify your enrollment in these programs. However, it is helpful to bring the current "Notice of Case Action" letter, which is proof of eligibility for one or more of these programs.
- Bring ONE proof of where you live (no P.O. boxes). The document must be current and show your name and address. Items that are allowed include a utility bill, bank/insurance statement, or driver's license. You must be currently living in Florida, but you don't have to be a U.S. citizen. Electronic versions are acceptable for utility bill, unemployment benefits, bank statement, and paycheck/stub. Note: photos of documents are not acceptable electronic documentation.
- Bring ONE proof of identification for you and ONE proof of identification for any infant or child applying for WIC, such as a birth certificate, driver's license, crib card, military ID, photo ID, Social Security Card, or hospital record. Electronic versions are acceptable for pay check/pay stub and unemployment benefits.
- If your doctor has completed the WIC Medical Referral Form, bring this form to your appointment.
- Bring the Social Security Number for each person applying for WIC, if available.
- Bring the immunization (shot) record for each child, if available.