It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Resources and Training
Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Combating Human Trafficking, American Hospital Association
- Dignity Health’s Human Trafficking 101: Dispelling the Myths
- Faces of Human Trafficking Video Series, Office for Victims of Crime
- HEAL Introductory Training on Human Trafficking for U.S. Health Care Professionals: Essential Content
- Office on Trafficking In Persons: Look Beneath the Surface to End Trafficking Campaign
- Stop. Observe. Ask. Respond (SOAR) Human Trafficking Training
Information for Healthcare Professionals
- A Health Care Provider’s Guide to Recognizing and Caring for Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Victims, iCare, Shared Hope
- Adult Human Trafficking Screening Tool and Guide, NHTTAC
- Dignity Health’s PEARR Tool & Shared Learnings Manual
- HEAL Educational Resources Compendium
- HEAL Assessment Tool for Health Care Provider Human Trafficking Training
- HEAL Trafficking and Hope for Justice’s Protocol Toolkit
- SOAR to Health and Wellness Program, National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC)
Information for the General Public
- U.S. Department of Human Services, Office of Trafficking in Persons – Look Beneath the Surface
- Office of the Attorney General Statewide Council on Human Trafficking
- Office of the Attorney General - You Can Stop Human Trafficking Know the Signs and Report the Crime
- Florida’s Local Human Trafficking Taskforces
- Florida Department of Children and Families – Human Trafficking Prevention
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence 800-500-1119
- Florida Council Against Sexual Violence 888-596-7273
- Fusion Center – If You See Something, Say Something
- Crime Victims’ Services
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 800-843-5678
- American Pregnancy Helpline: 866-942-6466
- LGBT National Youth Talk Line: 800-246-7743
- National Runaway Safeline: 800-786-2929
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Legal Services Corporation (LSC) - Florida State Profile and Services
- Department of Homeland Security - Blue Campaign
- “Can You See Me” Campaign by A21
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
How to help
Children and adults can be victims of human trafficking. "If you see something, say something."
- Contact the Florida Abuse Hotline 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873) to report known or suspected child abuse, neglect, or abandonment; and known or suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
- For help, contact the National Human Trafficking Resource Center 1-888-373-7888.
- Text HELP to 233733 (BEFREE): To get help for victims and surviviors of human trafficking or to connect with local services.
- Visit the National Human Trafficking Hotline online at: https://humantraffickinghotline.org.
*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.